Sarah Todd Cooked with Spice, Made with Love

Twitter Facebook Instagram

What To Have When You’re Unwell

#SarahToddSays

I’ve always had a heart for broths and soups when unwell and even when I need something to pump my energy levels up. Also given how convenient home remedies, life hacks and other quick fixes are, I wanted to share the below list with you based solely on my personal experience (you should consult your doctor for more appropriate food options for when you’re unwell): –

In the case of a cough & cold: –

• Water
  • Ginger tea
  • Chicken soup
  • Beans and nuts
  • Vegetable broth
  • Skinless chicken or turkey
  • Warm water with chopped garlic
  • Warm milk tea with a teaspoon of honey

In the case of a fever or the flu: –

• Basil leaves in food/drink
  • Turkey sandwich
  • Vegetable juices
  • Garlic soup
  • Ginger ale
  • Bananas
  • Raisins
  • Water

If you are unwell, eat right, stay hydrated and strive to get well – by visiting your doctor if needed and getting the rest your body needs. Let me know what your home remedies and tips to combat the flu, cough and cold are in the comments below. Don’t forget to have an awesome day!🙂

Share Your Thoughts

Post a comment below.

Priyanka bhardwaj

Hi sarah I am a big fan urs I wish I could meet u n thanks for sharing these useful remedies … definitely gonna use it when needed..looking forward for some more recipies from u stay blessed n may achieve all ur goals

Russell Norman

Hey Sarah . It’s Russell , I’m your Mum’s cousin.
I’ve followed your journey for a long time.
I love to cook as well and there’s nothing better than having friends enjoy what you’ve made.
Anyway I just wanted to say congrats on your success and would be great to catch up one day.

DILIP NAYEK

Very good and valuable information sarah…

Pratibha Mangotra

hi,sarah..i am a great fan of u…..u r so pretty …intelligent and hardworking ….saw ur story on tv ….about ur restaurant ….i would certainly come to visit ur reataurant …and love to meet u…

Sarah Todd

Thank you so much for your kind & generous words Pratibha!! Really look forward to your visit. 🙂

SHARRON

Hi Sarah,Just watching the 2014 master chef Australia series from Alberta Canada love the show I’m amazed at the talent of all the home cooks and what they can do. Was upset when Rachael messed up and had to go. I enjoyed watching her and what she could cook. The dishes you prepare are amazing how do you come up with all the ideas as to what to cook? Can hardly wait for the next show. Hope I get the next series. Good luck with your cook book! Happy cooking! All the best from Turner Valley Alberta!

Close Popup

Thanks for Signing Up!

Enjoy your exclusive recipe e-book gift

Your free e-book has successfully sent to your inbox or you can download it instantly below. You will recieve the latest recipe ideas, promotions and news from Sarah straight to your inbox.

Download e-book