For those of you who know me, this won’t come as a surprise that I love fashion. And with summer upon us, I’ve experimented with Indian outfits from a few designers by making their designs my own. So, for those of you who are either tying the knot or are a bridesmaid or are even a wedding goer here’s your cheat sheet of winning looks which could easily help you amp up your Indian wedding looks and serve up as your ultimate outfit inspiration too.
- More often than not, the color white at Indian weddings is considered to be a big no-no. Many say it implies negative connotations on such auspicious days. But if you ask me, wearing designer Abhinav Mishra’s exquisite white lehenga set with mirror and sequin details was quite an experience in itself. Having an ethereal vibe, it’s nothing short of being poetry in motion and literally worthy of appreciation from every angle.
- I can’t seem to get enough of the color white and designer Rohit Bahl’s work too which is why I wore an outfit from his recent collection. Synonymous with grandeur, his brilliant pieces stands true to their representation of Indian craft and heritage. For a vision in white feel, I’ve opted Ivory Muslin Anarkalli with a tonal hand embroidered jacket silhouette which evoked a certain timeless essence & romance into my wedding wear wardrobe.
- Whoever said anti-trend couture pieces can’t be cool clearly never laid eyes on designer Shantanu & Nikhil’s designs. Far from being run-of-the-mill, their fashion-forward label is synonymous with designs that literally give the idea being feminine and sexy, a whole new meaning. Plus, the impact of my highly dimensional camo-print gown with a hand-embroidered, leather belt with intense craftsmanship will never ever cease to amaze anyone!
- For those of you who love the colour yellow and can’t seem to look beyond it, a kurta set by Jade by Monica and Karishma with hand embroidered gold motifs is everything summer wedding dressing dreams are made up off. As a label, a classy, traditional vibe runs through all their silhouettes and each piece has a story to tell.
- From the moment I laid my eyes on their graceful outfit with modern day sensibilities I instantly connected with them. And since some functions at a summer wedding call for fuss-free dressing, SvaCouture’s denim ensemble more than delivers. Not only are the distinctive colors a match made in heaven but even the embroidery and contemporary vibe bring to mind a subtle opulence.