Flying in comfort
As a chef, I’m always on the go. For me, this involves a lot of air travel so I look forward to a comfortable flight when I can do some work and also enjoy a little downtime. Consequently, while heading to Melbourne recently, I was determined to enjoy my journey particularly as I had a broken ankle and was travelling alone. While travelling with Cathay Pacific, all my needs were met and more. With luxurious amenities, they have got everything you would want from a smart airline. It is no wonder they have won several awards over the years. To top that, as the world’s tenth largest airline, measured in sales, they cover more than 190 destinations in more than 60 countries worldwide.
- For business class fliers, they provide a personalized service and an award winning selection of wines and beverages which are accompanied by fine food. You could be forgiven for thinking you were seated in a fine dining restaurant. My drink of choice was champagne of course!
- They are to be commended for their flat beds and the overall comfort provided.
- Their zero fuss blankets were super cosy and worked their magic throughout my journey. They actually do provide the works.
Inflight Food & Beverages
- Inflight food is a tricky affair and I’m usually nervous about quality. Besides maintaining superior quality, I was blown away with the freshness and flavoursome food served.
- I was happy to learn that their menu is regularly updated using ingredients that are in season and sustainably sourced. Does that sound familiar? Essentially dishes have an international or contemporary Asian influence. Another philosophy I am very familiar with. P.S. Their drool-worthy pork and rice left me wanting more!
Hong Kong Airport Experience
- My pit stop at Hong Kong airport was seamless thanks to the extra assistance I received from the Cathay Pacific staff.
- Their beautifully designed on-ground lounges were impressive and modern. The earthy aesthetic felt as though I was transported into a hotel.
- The dining space made me feel as though I was eating at an incredible noodle bar. Did I mention, the dumplings and noodles were freshly made in front of my eyes.
- Needless to say, I found their lounge to be the best way to make the most of my downtime.
- I noticed that whether guests were on-ground or inflight, the Cathay Pacific crew treated all passengers respectfully, from economy, business or first class.
- From the minute I was in the air for my long-haul flight, I noticed that across all classes, the well-trained crew provided top-notch services so as to fulfill everyone’s expectation of flying comfortably.
And I have to say that I received exceptional service along with warm hospitality from the very pleasant crew. So, while they are one of the leading airlines in the industry, it’s fair to say that Cathay Pacific is definitely living up to its world class reputation. In closing, my flight was a memorable one for all the right reasons. It was hassle-free with thoughtful service. And they tick all the proverbial boxes, which is why I recommend them when next you fly.