Serves 4-6 15 mins preparation | 30 mins cooking
Being in Goa has got me all excited about working with seafood. This Bombay Quinoa biryani served with charred lemon and crispy skin snapper recipe is an absolute winner, it’s even more special when teaming it with quinoa instead of rice. Check out the recipe on sarahtodd.com.au and what’s even more exciting is #ShanFoods is running a special promotion, buy 3 spice mixes and get 1 free! (available at your local Desi Store)!
Please see my recipe below using Shan Foods. It makes cooking super easy. #Shan #TasteHappiness
Be sure to check out Shan here:
- 500 g snapper, skin on
- 350 g quinoa, cooked 12 minutes
- 3 onions, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 3 tablespoons ginger, crushed
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 200 g yoghurt
- 1/2 cup ghee/oil
- Shan Bombay Biryani Masala
01. Heat a heavy based pot to high heat with ghee. Add onions and fry until golden. Add tomato and stirfry until oil separates. Add ginger, garlic, yoghurt, and Shan Bombay Biryani Masala. Stir fry for 15 minutes and then add a glass of water.
02. In a separate pan, heat to high heat, season fish and drizzle pan with oil. One pan starts to smoke, place fish in skin side down and cook until crispy (2-3 minutes). Flip and finish other side for 1 minute.
03. Stir Quinoa through Biryani mixture and serve in a bowl topped with fish and a charred lemon