Serves 2 20 mins preparation | 45 mins cooking
Kathi roll is a mouthwatering, street food from Kolkata, India. When boneless chicken filling along with other masala is stuffed into refined flour rotis (flat bread) you get a Kathi Roll! Similar to a Kathi Roll is the famous Mumbai Frankie (or as some of you may call it, the Mumbai Burrito). The filling in the roll may totally be altered and changed to suit your needs. But if you have some freshly made Butter Chicken on you, here’s how you make my version of the delicious Kathi Roll. And it’s super easy, read more to find out how…
- butter chicken (to be premade)
- 400 g white flour
- 2 eggs
- green chutney
- handful fresh coriander leaves
- ½ red onion
01. Re heat pre made Butter Chicken to be used as the filling in the Kathi Roll.
02. Roll and cook flat bread (roti) and add scrambled egg.
03. To make kathi rolls, put one teaspoon of oil on a tawa and lightly heat the rotis. Smear each roti with one tablespoon of green chutney, place six to eight pieces of cooked chicken and sprinkle with remaining green chillies and coriander leaves. Spread a spoonful of onion and carrot mixture on the roti and sprinkle salt.
04. Roll the roti tightly over the stuffing and serve.