Serves 4 10 mins preparation | 10 mins cooking
This one’s for all the seafood lovers!
- 12 sardines, cleaned
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Chimichurri 125 ml (½ cup) olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 golden shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon each of hot smoked paprika and ground cumin
01. For chimichurri, whisk ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
02. Preheat a char-grill or barbecue to high heat. Brush sardines with olive oil and season with sea salt. Grill until just cooked (4-5 minutes each side), then place in a single layer in a large non-reactive baking dish. Spoon chimichurri over sardines, set aside to marinate (2 hours).
03. Just before serving, brush bread with olive oil and grill until toasted (1-2 minutes each side). Serve sardines, drizzled with chimichurri and served with crusty bread.