Serves 6 15 mins preparation | 15 mins cooking
We all love a little sweet something to snack on occasionally. So, here’s a very easy Spanish snack for you – the churros. Make sure you try making them if you haven’t and be sure to share the pictures with me!😁
Serve these beautiful golden babies with hot chocolate!❤️
- 325 gm plain flour
- 60 ml(¼ cup) olive oil
- vegetable oil
- caster sugar
01. Sift the flour and a pinch of salt into a bowl.
02. Pour olive oil and 450ml water in a saucepan and bring them to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour this hot mix over the flour (use a heatproof bowl) and beat with a wooden spoon to combine well.
03. Transfer the mixture to an electric mixer (with a fitted paddle) and beat for about 2-3 minutes until the dough becomes very smooth.
04. Pour the smooth mixture to a piping bag with a 2cm star nozzle and push the mix down to remove any air bubbles trapped in the bag. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
05. In a deep-fryer, heat the vegetable oil (180C). Then pipe about 15-20 cms of the mixture into the hot oil, create a swirl, and cut strips of the mix with scissors.
06. Turn the churros occasionally with a spider and fry for about 3-5 minutes. Then remove the golden churros with a spider and place then on absorbent papers.
07. Toss the churros in a bowl with the caster sugar, shake off the excess, and serve right away.