Serves 4-6 10 mins preparation | 10 mins cooking
After a long day at work there’s nothing better than a delicious home cooked meal and what’s even better is a quick recipe. Lately I’ve been experimenting with Shan to find simple ways to make week night cooking tasty and quick. Here’s how I did it with Shan Foods.
- 750 g fillet fish, diced
- 750 g rice
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 250 g yoghurt
- ½ cup coriander, chopped
- 10 small green chillies, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Shan Fish Biryani Masala
01. Mix together lemon juice, fish biryani masala and garlic. Apply on fish and leave for half an hour.
02. Heat up oil/ghee and sauté sliced onions for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Add fish, green chillies and coriander. Stir fry until oil separates from masala. Add yoghurt, cover and cook until just tender.
03. In a separate pan, cook rice according to packet instructions. Serve hot biryani with rice, naan, raita, squeeze of lemon and cucumber salad.